The Enneagram is an ancient tool drawing on the universal wisdom from various spiritual traditions – including Christianity (the Desert Fathers), Buddhists, Muslims (Sufis), and Mystical Judaism (the Kabbalah).
Only recently have the philosophies (roots) of the Enneagram and the typologies (modern psychology) come together to create a system for understanding ourselves and our behaviour as well as understanding others. This combination of greater self-awareness and understanding others leads to greater compassion.
The Enneagram defines nine personality types which are shown by the points of a geometric figure. This figure also indicates some of the connections between the various types. The Enneagram offers multiple layers of insight to aid personal and spiritual growth.
The Enneagram can be a powerful aid to:
- Personal and spiritual growth and/ or transformation
- Healthy and Meaningful Relationships – personal, family, work
- Understanding dynamics within Teams and Organisations
- Self-knowledge (fears, motivation, behaviours, habits, addictions)
- Awareness and understanding of others
- Improve Communication
- Conflict resolution
We can work with The Enneagram in the following ways:
- Do the personality test on-line or come and explore in a narrative fashion which Enneagram type most resonates with you. Together we will work towards your specific personal development plan
- Use the Enneagram along with coaching (a 12-week journey) to achieve specific goals
- Work with the Enneagram in couples/ families to gain greater understanding and compassion (either a once-off session or as part of relationship coaching)
- Work with the Enneagram to resolve conflict at work by understanding yourself and colleagues/ employer/ employee better
“We primarily grow as human beings by discovering new truths about ourselves and our reality.”
– Steve Pavlina
Enneagram in Business and with Teams:
- A workshop with teams for team building, conflict resolution, team development, improving understanding, team dynamics, and team performance
Risso and Hudson (Internationally recognised Enneagram developers) have the following to say about using the Enneagram in Business:
- Organizations around the world are demanding more accurate information about clients and employees. Many are also interested in developing a more humane and person-centered approach to the workplace so that they can attract and retain valuable employees and achieve peak productivity. The Enneagram is uniquely suited to meet all of these needs.
- The key to success in any venture is the ability to communicate effectively with others, to inspire them to share your vision and goals, as well as to provide effective direction and to keep things on track. Yet communication is often difficult if personality type is not taken into consideration. This is because people tend to believe that others think the same way they do. They believe that others have the same motivations, values, and priorities—although this is usually not the case.
- When personality type is understood, communication becomes exponentially more effective because people begin to recognize and make the most of human diversity.
- The Enneagram is an extraordinary framework for understanding yourself, your associates and colleagues, and the “personality” of your team or organization as a whole. Each type has its own way of relating to others, its own set of perceptions and preoccupations, its own values and approaches to life. Each relates to others in different but understandable ways.
Exploring the Enneagram as a Tool for Transformation and Spiritual Growth
The retreat can be geared for different levels – those new to the Enneagram and those wanting to deepen their understanding of and work with the Enneagram to drop habitual personality traits and connect with Essence.
The weekend includes times of input (theory), and discussion, as well as times of silence for personal reflection.
We include experiential and body-based exercises as well as visualization and journaling. We explore the symbol of the Enneagram, the Nine worldviews represented by the Nine points on the diagram, as well as how to work with this knowledge to gain insight, personal growth and self-mastery.
If you are wanting to book out the whole retreat for a group (corporate/ team / family/ friends) the program can be adapted to meet your specific needs.
“psychology with spirituality cannot really free us or lead us to the deepest truths about ourselves, and spirituality without psychology can lead to grandiosity, delusion and an attempt to escape from reality”
– Risso and Hudson