Exploring the Enneagram For Professionals
Wednesdays 8.30 – 10:30 for 4 consecutive weeks
Venue: Two Acres Tea Garden, Assagay
Dates: Wednesday 30th May, 6th,13th,20th June 2018
Cost: R1400 (for 4 sessions)
Limited to a group of 10
The Enneagram is a map offering insights into why we do the things we do. It takes us on a journey of self-discovery, that highlights the thoughts, feelings, and behaviours that can keep us trapped in limiting habits; and offers developmental paths specific to each type to help us undo some of these patterns.
The Enneagram defines nine personality types which are shown by the points of a geometric figure. This figure also indicates some of the connections between the various types. The Enneagram offers multiple layers of insight to aid personal and spiritual growth.
As a group we will use reflection, teachings, mindfulness-meditation, discussion and somatic awareness exercises to explore our own type, how this influences the way we work with our clients, what we can do to increase our own self-mastery and that of our clients; and expand our range of responses and ways of engaging
Requirements: some knowledge of the Enneagram system, and of the type that you resonate with.
The sessions will be interactive and you will be encouraged to bring your own knowledge and understanding of the Enneagram system so that we can explore and learn together.
About the facilitator: I have been working with the Enneagram for the past eight years with individual coaching clients, managers, teams and business owners and find that it is one of the most accurate and useful models for creating self-awareness, personal mastery and growth.
- Enneagram Professional Training Program, Part 2
The Enneagram Institute, USA (Training completed at Stone Ridge, New York)
Coaching with the Enneagram Certificate Program
Enneagram in Business, USA (Training completed with Ginger-Lapid Bogda in Johannesburg, South Africa)
Integrative Enneagram Accreditation Training – Understanding and Applying the Enneagram for Coaching Individuals and Teams.
Integrative Enneagram Solutions (Training completed in Johannesburg, South Africa)
Advanced Workshop – the Enneagram and the Inner Critic (Psychic Structures)
The Enneagram Institute – USA (training completed in Cape Town, South Africa)
Enneagram Profession Training Program Part 1
The Enneagram Institute – USA (training completed in Atlanta, Georgia, USA)
The Enneagram can be a powerful aid to:
- Personal and spiritual growth and/ or transformation
- Healthy and Meaningful Relationships – personal, family, work
- Understanding dynamics within Teams and Organisations
- Self-knowledge (fears, motivation, behaviours, habits, addictions)
- Awareness and understanding of others
- Improve Communication
- Conflict resolution
We can work with The Enneagram in the following ways:
- Do the personality test online or come and explore in a narrative fashion which Enneagram type most resonates with you. Together we will work towards your specific personal development plan
- Use the Enneagram along with coaching (a 12-week journey) to achieve specific goals
- Work with the Enneagram in couples/ families to gain greater understanding and compassion (either a once-off session or as part of relationship coaching)
- Work with the Enneagram to resolve conflict at work by understanding yourself and colleagues/ employer/ employee better
“We primarily grow as human beings by discovering new truths about ourselves and our reality.”
– Steve Pavlina
Enneagram in Business and with Teams:
- A workshop with teams for team building, conflict resolution, team development, improving understanding, team dynamics, and team performance
Risso and Hudson (Internationally recognised Enneagram developers) have the following to say about using the Enneagram in Business:
- Organizations around the world are demanding more accurate information about clients and employees. Many are also interested in developing a more humane and person-centred approach to the workplace so that they can attract and retain valuable employees and achieve peak productivity. The Enneagram is uniquely suited to meet all of these needs.
- The key to success in any venture is the ability to communicate effectively with others, to inspire them to share your vision and goals, as well as to provide effective direction and to keep things on track. Yet communication is often difficult if personality type is not taken into consideration. This is because people tend to believe that others think the same way they do. They believe that others have the same motivations, values, and priorities—although this is usually not the case.
- When personality type is understood, communication becomes exponentially more effective because people begin to recognize and make the most of human diversity.
- The Enneagram is an extraordinary framework for understanding yourself, your associates and colleagues, and the “personality” of your team or organization as a whole. Each type has its own way of relating to others, its own set of perceptions and preoccupations, its own values and approaches to life. Each relates to others in different but understandable ways.
Exploring the Enneagram as a Tool for Transformation and Spiritual Growth
The retreat can be geared for different levels – those new to the Enneagram and those wanting to deepen their understanding of and work with the Enneagram to drop habitual personality traits and connect with Essence.
The weekend includes times of input (theory), and discussion, as well as times of silence for personal reflection.
We include experiential and body-based exercises as well as visualization and journaling. We explore the symbol of the Enneagram, the Nine worldviews represented by the Nine points on the diagram, as well as how to work with this knowledge to gain insight, personal growth and self-mastery.
If you are wanting to book out the whole retreat for a group (corporate/team/family/friends) the program can be adapted to meet your specific needs.
“psychology with spirituality cannot really free us or lead us to the deepest truths about ourselves, and spirituality without psychology can lead to grandiosity, delusion and an attempt to escape from reality”
– Risso and Hudson